[CP2K-user] Is there a proper tutorial on how to use FREE_ENERGY calculations?

Dev Rana dev.... at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 15:33:45 UTC 2020

Thank you Marcella! That is indeed helpful and I will look into further.
However, my question was more about how it's implemented in CP2K and how
the theory (textbooks) can/should be properly run in CP2K's code. For
example, can I just turn the METHOD UI on, set some COLVAR (RMSD solvent
atoms), and expect it to give me Gibbs free energy of solvent?

If I want to set a coupling parameter (lambda), I can only set this in
FORCE_EVAL > MIXED > LINEAR > LAMBDA. I can also do this CDFT, but that's
not really what I want. Now if I set LAMBDA in LINEAR to 0.1 or any
d(lambda), do I run a new AIMD using that lambda? I don't really understand
the use of 2 FORCE_EVAL sections, and how CP2K does these calculations. Are
there two sets of output/trajectory files?

Sorry, I don't mean to bombard you with questions, however, I'm trying to
learn how to implement the different techniques within CP2K and I'm
struggling with it. It's a lot of guess and test and someone who has
already done this can speed up my (and others who want to use this)
progress. If it's been published or could even provide some technical setup
details that could serve as a basis for computational start point.

Thank you again. I really do appreciate your help!