[CP2K-user] [CP2K:13410] Semi-empirical convergence

Anton S. Lytvynenko tenebrosu... at gmail.com
Wed May 27 15:13:40 UTC 2020

Dear Victor,

It looks like your SCF is very far from convergence, please try to
increase max_scf to say 300, and decrease alpha to 0.2 (if it doesn't
help -- to 0.1).

You should try to find the parameters yielding your SCF converged on the
first geometry optimization step (preferably) or at least on the 2nd-3rd.

It doesn't depend on the geometry optimization parameters -- if your SCF
did not exhibit at least fair convergence at the first steps, you
gradients, and, subsequently, the geometry, are completely irrelevant.

Hope that helps.

Yours,

Anton

27.05.20 17:55, Виктор Овсянников пише: