[CP2K-user] Energy gap inconsistent with experiment

Fabian Ducry fabia... at gmail.com
Mon May 25 15:47:52 UTC 2020

Hi,

Have you checked the literature for band gap values obtained from DFT with
the PBE functional for your compound? Often there is a mismatch between
experiment and simulation.

Here are som pointers how you can improve your input

 - check and converge the cutoff:
https://www.cp2k.org/howto:converging_cutoff
 - increase the accuracy: EPS_SCF 1.0e-6 or better 1.0e-7, EPS_DEFAULT
1.0e-12
 - make sure your coordinates are ok. The forces on the atoms are large,
this system is far from a minimum.

Best,
Fabian