[CP2K-user] [CP2K:13369] Problem with geometry optimization using LS_SCF

Thomas Kühne tku... at gmail.com
Mon May 25 10:58:43 UTC 2020

Dear Torstein,

apparently you are not exploiting the WF guess in your LS_SCF run, as you have guessed.
Without an input I can only speculate, but by default EXTRAPOLATION_ORDER is 4 within
LS_SCF and 3 for all other methods. Regarding test 3, did you also restart the Hessian matrix?

Cheers,
Thomas

Thomas D. Kühne
Dynamics of Condensed Matter