[CP2K-user] Getting cp2k to work with ASE

Hasan Al-Mahayni hasanal... at gmail.com
Thu May 21 20:08:39 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I am just starting to use ASE, and I was wondering if anyone had already
made CP2K work with ASE because I could not. These are the steps i took
(after installing ASE):

I included this on top of my ASE code:
    from ase.calculators.cp2k import CP2K

Then I did the following command  :

    export ASE_CP2K_COMMAND="ssh your-compute-host.com *\"*mpirun -np 2 /path/to/cp2k_shell.popt*\""*

When I run a simple calculation on H2O with ASE, i get this error:

AssertionError
/home/hasan99/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ase/calculators/cp2k.py:486: RuntimeWarning: CP2K-shell not ready, sending SIGTERM.
  warn("CP2K-shell not ready, sending SIGTERM.", RuntimeWarning)

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Hasan.