[CP2K-user] [CP2K:13305] SCF Convergence stuck with ADMM HF?

Nicholas Winner nwi... at berkeley.edu
Fri May 15 20:40:36 UTC 2020

Jurg,

Reducing EPS_SCHWARZ did help quite a bit in the convergence. In your
original paper with Manuel on the ADMM, diamond was one of the case studies
and it was stated that:

Since the condition number of the overlap matrix with the FIT3 basis is
> unfavorable in the case of bulk C (1.7 × 105), an optimized FIT3
> (optFIT3) basis has been constructed that served as the ABS for the two
> wave function fitting methods. optFIT3 was obtained by minimization of the
> total energy of the PBE 2 × 2 × 2 supercell with respect to the
> constraint of a well behaved overlap matrix (the final condition number is
> on the order of 102). This allows for rather loose screening thresholds
> (10-6)

Which is why I believed there was no issue with EPS_SCHWARZ 1e-6. As I
mentioned in response to Matt, I cannot find an aux_basis set in the
BASIS_ADMM or BASIS_ADMM_MOLOPT files of the name "optFIT3", which is why I
turned to cFIT3. Is it possible to get this optimized basis? If not, I will
defer to using 1e-7 for the more ill-conditioned problems.

Best,
Nick