[CP2K-user] Gibbs free energy using MP2 calculation

Vladimir Rybkin rybk... at gmail.com
Thu May 14 11:26:23 UTC 2020

Dear Dhanya Ramadas,

there are free energy methods implemented:
https://manual.cp2k.org/cp2k-7_1-branch/CP2K_INPUT/MOTION/FREE_ENERGY.html

But I am afraid using them with MP2 will be too expensive. You may compare
single point energies with MP2 and computed free energy differences with
DFT or smith. like this.

Yours,

Vladimir