[CP2K-user] [CP2K:13264] Benefit of contracted basis?

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Sat May 9 09:38:00 UTC 2020

Hi

there are some gains in the linear algebra parts (density matrix
contractions), but the big difference is memory. You gain because
of the n^4 scaling of the number of integrals to store.

Juerg
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland