[CP2K-user] [CP2K:13252] Re: AD_LANGEVIN thermostat for QM/MM with fixed_atoms

Mayank Dodia mayan... at gmail.com
Wed May 6 19:42:15 UTC 2020

Hi Noam,

The original files I attached earlier contained no constraints (fixed atoms
or intramolecular).

What I have noticed is that for AD_LANGEVIN thermostat with:

1) REGION GLOBAL: Does not work in QM, MM  or QM/MM system (with or without
constraints). For pure QM, no constraints (H2O-32.inp) I get a cholesky
decomposition error which is gone once I change the thermostat settings.

2) REGION MASSIVE: Fully functional.

Since we need to use a global thermostat for fixed atoms, so effectively
AD_LANGEVIN doesn't seems to work with constraints and/or REGION GLOBAL
thermostat setting.

Best,
Mayank