[CP2K-user] AD_LANGEVIN thermostat for QM/MM with fixed_atoms

Mayank Dodia mayan... at gmail.com
Wed May 6 14:59:38 UTC 2020

Hello all,

As a test I tried a simple MM water box simulation (files attached here).
When the thermostat settings are:

     &THERMOSTAT
       REGION MASSIVE
!       REGION GLOBAL
       TYPE  AD_LANGEVIN
       &AD_LANGEVIN
         TIMECON_LANGEVIN     100
         TIMECON_NH     100
       &END AD_LANGEVIN
     &END THERMOSTAT

(MM.inp)

I can run the simulation. However when I change the REGION MASSIVE to
REGION GLOBAL I receive the error:

 *
___                                                                       *
 *  /
\                                                                      *
 *
[ABORT]
*
 *  \___/            Potential energy is an abnormal value
(NaN/Inf).          *
 *
|                                                                        *
 *
O/|                                                                        *
 * /|
|                                                                        *
 * / \
force_env_methods.F:353 *
 ===== Routine Calling Stack =====

            3 velocity_verlet
            2 qs_mol_dyn_low
            1 CP2K

If I use the Nose-Hoover thermostat (MM_v2.inp), the run executed without
any errors. So is not possible to set REGION GLOBAL, and hence use fixed
atoms with AD_LANGEVIN thermostat?

Best Regards,

Mayank