[CP2K-user] dipole moment calculation in CP2K

kris Gu guqin... at gmail.com
Tue May 5 06:34:10 UTC 2020

Dear all,

I was calculating dielectric constant of water these days using the TIP3P
water model, but the dipole moment calculated directly by CP2K under

 CP2K_INPUT <https://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT.html> / FORCE_EVAL
<https://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL.html> / MM
<https://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/MM.html> / PRINT
<https://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/MM/PRINT.html> / DIPOLE
<https://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/MM/PRINT/DIPOLE.html>

can not give me the same number when I use the sum(point
charge*coordination), and unluckily neither of the dipole moments can give
me a reasonable  dielectric constant, which I am still debugging ...

Thus I was wondering what kind of method is used in CP2K to calculate the
dipole, after knowing that maybe I can have a better view of my debugging
peogress.

Thanks in advance!

Chris