[CP2K-user] CP2K 7.1-Cuda Bandgap and HF energies different from previous versions

Andres Ortega oandr... at gmail.com
Sun May 3 10:36:31 UTC 2020

Dear CP2K developers,

As a follow-up, I did calculations in Piz Daint *without GPU* and use the
cp2k version *without *Cuda
I was wondering if you could have a look at it,

My results now are consistent with my previous calculations.

CP2K 6.1 NO CUDA results

  Overlap energy of the core charge distribution:
0.00007052589464

  Self energy of the core charge distribution:
-4822.08795661199383

  Core Hamiltonian energy:
1456.09966160679664

  Hartree energy:
1951.78379257353936

  Exchange-correlation energy:
-433.84955420146537

  Hartree-Fock Exchange energy:
-127.87392272412202

  Dispersion energy:
-0.46932014114032

  Total energy:
-1976.39722897249089

I was wondering how can I solve the problem of the discrepancies I found
when using CP2K with GPU-Cuda,

best,

Andres