[CP2K-user] [CP2K:13214] Re: Two general questions about cell optimization in cp2k

Krack Matthias (PSI) matthi... at psi.ch
Fri May 1 18:16:39 UTC 2020

Dear Torstein

Your reference cell should cover in size at least the largest fluctuation of your cell, for instance during an npT run, if you want to keep the accuracy for the selected cell and cutoff. If you use a conservative cutoff anyway, the choice of the reference cell will become less important. Though it is always good to perform convergence tests, the reference cell approach allows you to stay on the safe side, if you apply a conservative estimate for the maximum expected cell size during a CELL_OPT or npT run.

Best regards

Matthias