[CP2K-user] cp2k 7.1 compilation on Cygwin

Ryan Kingsbury RKing... at lbl.gov
Thu Mar 26 16:39:04 UTC 2020

After further research, I don't think it's possible to compile with CUDA
under Cygwin. Can anyone confirm?

My understanding is that the Windows CUDA compiler nvcc MUST use the
Microsoft c++ compiler (cl.exe) (see installation guide
<https://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/10.0/Prod/docs/sidebar/CUDA_Installation_Guide_Windows.pdf>)
and there is no support for gcc. My understanding is also that parts of the
cp2k build system require gcc and it would not be easy to port them to
cl.exe.

Instead, I want to try cross-compiling cp2k in a linux environment (Ubuntu
WSL) using MinGW64. Has anyone tried this before, or is anyone aware of any
reasons why this shouldn't work?

Thanks!