[CP2K-user] Dielectric constant calculation in CP2K

kris Gu guqin... at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 05:40:15 UTC 2020

Dear Vladimir,
I just came across the same problem as you.
First, when you calculate the variance of the totoal moment, you need to
use the norm of dipole vector, rather than directly calculate the average
number like this:  np.average(totalMoment).

Second, I recalculate the dipole by myself using sum(coordination X point
charge), it gives me a  different dipole number compared to the CP2K output
dipole moment, which finally gives me a correct dielectric constant, I
don't know why there's such a difference as I can not find the way of CP2K
calculating dipole moment.

I hope it also works in your case.

Best,

Chris