[CP2K-user] [CP2K:13543] Single Molecule Molecular Dynamics

Thomas Kühne tku... at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 09:54:46 UTC 2020

Dear Lucas,

have you conducted the geometry optimization with exactly the same settings,
i.e. basis set, PW cutoff, EPS_SCF, etc.? Since your system has so few DOFs,
fluctuations will be large and conservation by cancellation inherently poor.
Hence, with such a tiny system I would rather stick with NVT instead of NVE +
viral theorem and not use ANGVEL_ZERO …

Greetings,
Thomas