[CP2K-user] [CP2K:12697] energy jump in SCCS

Tzu-Yao HSU jerry1... at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 4 14:44:03 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I got similar problem as Geng, but my calculation is pure DFT energy
evaluation.
During the SCF run, the polarisation energy abruptly jumped up to a
positive value and the SCF convergence jumped down at certain convergence
level .
Then the polarisation energy always stayed positive until the SCF run
converged.

Here are my input file (.inp) and reduced output file (.out, grep 'Diag.'
and 'Polarisation energy' then paste) .
My molecular structure (optimized.dat) was obtained by performing GEO_OPT
in vacuum.

Further increasing the MGRID CUTOFF, EPS_SCF in SCCS section, simulation
box size, and decreasing CUTOFFs in XC section do not change the converged
energy.
Since the converged polarisation energy is always positive, I still wonder
how may I improve my input file?

I appreciate any response to this problem.
Thank you very much
Best regards
Tzu-Yao

Matthias Krack於 2020年1月7日星期二 UTC+1下午7時40分51秒寫道: