[CP2K-user] [CP2K:13100] SCAN XC density functional: Do we have to use specific PSEUDOPOTENTIALS for SCAN? Are they available?

Hua Tian nju... at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 10:22:38 UTC 2020

Dear Prof. Hutter and Bryantsev,
In my FPMD simulations for aqueous simulation by using SCAN functional
(with the MOLOPT-SR basis sets and the GTH  pseudopotentials for SCAN from
the website in your e-mail.), I found that smoothing methods (e.g.,
&XC_GRID / XC_DERIV NN10_SMOOTH / XC_SMOOTH_RHO NN10 / &END XC_GRID) was
probably important for the convergence of SCF. For a simulation using SCAN
functional with CUTOFF 400 that SCF did not converge, adding the &XC_GRID
part methoned above made the SCF converge. However, I did not know if this
setting would influence the accuracy of simulations.
Sincerely,
Tian Hua

在 2020年4月10日星期五 UTC+8下午6:31:42,jgh写道: