[CP2K-user] [CP2K:13443] Is it possible to run a Andressui or Fattebert Solvation Model with Molecular Dynamics?

Dev Rana dev.... at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 18:48:38 UTC 2020

Thank you for the confirmation Matthias! Would you be able to look at my
input file? I'm having trouble with SCF convergence and my Andreussi model
set up.

I'm trying to simulate 6 carbon atoms randomly placed as they migrate
through a molten Al system, using MD. Using the solvation model, I've set
up my 6 C atoms and have a dieletric constant of 80. I'm also attaching my
latest output file.

I was originally using Diagonalization method for the SCF, but the
convergence column was migrating over 1.
I then tried using OT with minimizer DIIS, Full_ALL preconditioner and
0.001 energy_gap, as recommended for OT, and it stays below 1, however it
never converges.

I'm also running this simulation without a solvation model using a full
system of 256 Al atom and 6 carbon atoms randomly placed in the system for
comparison, with no issues of convergence, i.e. each SCF converges within
24-30 steps with each step taking about 22 seconds.

Thank you so much for all your help thus far! I really appreciate it!

Best Regards,
Dev