[CP2K-user] Stride and single point for EFIELD

Jason Gray grayj... at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 21:01:36 UTC 2020

I am doing some tddft calculations using the Pyridine molecule, which is
similar to benzene, but with a C-H replaced with Nitrogen. I would like to
calculate the Electric field at the center of the molecule. I see that I
can modify the stride for the electric field, and I would like to do this
so that I can reduce memory consumption. I would like to get the field only
at the center, and nowhere else. How do I do this?

Below is my input ("minus mode" in the coordinate file is just a shift
along a vibrational mode. I am using this for all of the modes to calculate
the Raman spectra):

&GLOBAL

  PROJECT PYRIDINE-TDDFT-MINUS-MODE-1

  RUN_TYPE rt_propagation

  PRINT_LEVEL low

&END GLOBAL

&FORCE_EVAL

  METHOD QS

  &SUBSYS

    &KIND H

      BASIS_SET DZVP-GTH-PADE

      POTENTIAL GTH-PBE-q1

    &END KIND

    &KIND C

      BASIS_SET DZVP-GTH-PADE

      POTENTIAL GTH-PBE-q4

    &END KIND

    &KIND N

      BASIS_SET DZVP-GTH-PADE

      POTENTIAL GTH-PBE-q5

    &END KIND

    &CELL

      ABC 30.0 30.0 30.0

      PERIODIC NONE

    &END CELL

    &TOPOLOGY

      COORD_FILE_NAME pyridine-minus-mode-1.xyz

      COORD_FILE_FORMAT xyz

      &CENTER_COORDINATES

      &END CENTER_COORDINATES

    &END TOPOLOGY