[CP2K-user] [CP2K:13690] Wrong density prediction in NpT AIMD

Thomas Kühne tku... at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 14:07:39 UTC 2020

Dear Mostafa,

your simulation is way too short. Equilibrating the density needs many dozens of ps of simulation,
and much more so since you are using the default 1ps time constant for the barostat. My
suggestion is to reduce that to 100 fs and rerun your simulation for at least 25 ps. Also, you were
missing to add the VdW contribution of the wB97X XC functional.

Cheers,
Thomas

Thomas D. Kühne
Dynamics of Condensed Matter