[CP2K-user] Implicit solvent calculation cannot get converged

li bingxin bingxi... at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 09:37:47 UTC 2020

Dear CP2K users,

Recently I am doing a MgO slab calculation in implicit water using SCCS
block of CP2K. I used the Andreussi Method and chose the CD5 as the
derivative method because it requires lower CUTTOFF. However, it seems that
the SCF loops cannot get converged and do not show any tendency to get
converged. I have tried changing the mixing method from BROYDEN Mixing to
PULAY Mixing and also using smaller mixing alpha value (0.2,0.1). However,
these methods did not work in this case.

I have attached the input file as well as the output file here.
Could anyone please help me on that? I am looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Bingxin