[CP2K-user] [CP2K:13100] SCAN XC density functional: Do we have to use specific PSEUDOPOTENTIALS for SCAN? Are they available?

Vyacheslav Bryantsev vyachesla... at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 01:56:57 UTC 2020

Dear Tian and CP2K developers,

I confirm for my system, which is a concentrated  aqueous salt, these
options work with  CUTOFF=800 and it would probably work at smaller values
also.

        &XC_GRID

               XC_DERIV NN10_SMOOTH

               XC_SMOOTH_RHO NN10
        &END XC_GRID
Interestingly, removing them requires CUTOFF of at least 1200.
A question to developers: What do these parameters do and what do those
specific options mean?
There is very little information in the manual about these options.

Thank you
Slava
Vyacheslav Bryantsev