[CP2K-user] [CP2K:13655] QM/MM Mulitpole Rcut

may...@gmail.com mayan... at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 22:51:33 UTC 2020

Dear Thomas,

Thanks for your response!

My reasoning for a cutoff much lower than the half box size arises from
these two papers:

Yonetani, JCP, 2006:  https://doi.org/10.1063/1.2198208
Spoel, Marren, JCTC,  2006: https://doi.org/10.1021/ct0502256

where it is suggested that the larger cutoff does not implies accuracy and
can create "artifacts" in bulk water simulations, particularly if the force
field was not parameterized for the larger ranges. I don't have experience
in simulating larger bulk water box (such as the one I mentioned before),
but does this reasoning makes sense or is there alternative explanation for
this? Do you have any particular recommendations in such scenarios? Not
specifically for QM/MM, but for FIST calculations as well.

Best Regards,
Mayank Dodia