[CP2K-user] Retarting a NEB Calculation

Marcella Iannuzzi marci... at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 08:04:32 UTC 2020

Dear Gerard,

It should be straightforward to restart the NEB calculation using the
EXT_RESTART section.
Just set RESTART_BAND true.
In the main output you should be able to find the information about the
restart.

The convergence of the BAND to the MEP can be also verified from the
behaviour of the total energy of the band.
This is written in the main output.
Problems in the convergence might be due to the not optimal distribution of
the beads of the BAND.
You have 6 beads, including the 2 end points and the TS. This means that
between one end point and the TS there are 2 beads, while on the other side
only one.
The distribution is not optimal.

Kind regards
Marcella