[CP2K-user] [CP2K:13601] strange curve of the binding energy of Na-Cl

Patrick Gono patri... at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 12:30:48 UTC 2020

Dear Mejdeddine,

You are using a non-periodic Poisson solver, suitable for this system of
isolated atoms. However, the cell dimensions and atomic coordinates have to
be chosen in such a way that the electronic density on the edges of the
unit cell is negligible. Keep in mind that the cubic unit cell is situated
with one corner in location (0, 0, 0) and the opposite corner in (10, 10,
10) Center the atoms in the middle of the cell, either manually, or by
switching on the CENTER_COORDINATES
<https://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/SUBSYS/TOPOLOGY/CENTER_COORDINATES.html>
statement
in the TOPOLOGY
<https://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/SUBSYS/TOPOLOGY.html>
section,
which should center them in the middle of the unit cell by default.

Apart from that, I don't see any other immediate issue. What binding energy
plot do you get? What is strange about it?

Yours sincerely,
Patrick Gono