[CP2K-user] radix error with LS-SCF and large system

Ada Sedova ada.a... at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 00:08:18 UTC 2020

Hi All,

I have a large system (about 5K atoms, protein) that I am trying to run in
LS-SCF. I have found that when I set MGRID too high (over about 300) I get
this strange crash:

 *   ___
   *
 *  /   \
    *
 * [ABORT]
   *
 *  \___/                     Index to radix array not found.
    *
 *    |
    *
 *  O/|
    *
 * /| |
    *
 * / \
pw/fft_tools.F:292 *

 ===== Routine Calling Stack =====

            6 pw_grid_setup
            5 pw_env_rebuild
            4 qs_env_rebuild_pw_env
            3 qs_env_setup
            2 qs_init_subsys
            1 CP2K

I am on OLCF Summit, running 7.0 with DBCSR and GPU support. Also using
threads and MPI. Here I am using about 24-54 nodes.
When I set the grid a bit coarser, I have no problems converging an SCF in
under 5 minutes.

Thanks for any help!