[CP2K-user] Convergence with CUTOFF

coko312 cok... at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 08:02:14 UTC 2020

Dear all,

I am a cp2k-DFT beginner so the answer to this question may seem obvious to
you, but it would help me a lot!

I try to converge the total energy of a single Na+ ion as a function of the
energy CUTOFF, but the convergence is very slow and even using 900 Ry is
not fully satisfactory for what I want to do. Even with no experience with
this system, I would not expect the computation to last several hours on a
single processor for only 1 atom. I have attached my input-output files.
What should I modify to be able to use a more reasonable CUTOFF?

NB : the computation is non-periodic because I would like, next, to add
more atoms around to compute interaction energies between these little
"clusters" and various types of molecules.

Best,