[CP2K-user] [CP2K:12793] how to improve energy convergence parameters for water molecule in gapw

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Wed Jan 22 10:34:47 UTC 2020

Hi

the GAPW accuracy (compared to QC codes) depends also on your
basis set. Small basis sets (like 6-31G*) have typically a
larger error than large basis sets (see also the literature for examples).

Besides that, there are many possible parameters besides the Lebedev grids that
could be adjusted. I don't think they will make a difference, but you never know

CP2K_INPUT / FORCE_EVAL / DFT / QS

EPSFIT
EPSISO
EPSRHO0
LADDN0
LMAXN0
LMAXN1
ALPHA0_HARD

best regards

Juerg Hutter
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland