[CP2K-user] [CP2K:12701] optimize RI basis

Katarina S. stanc... at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 16:44:00 UTC 2020

Dear Juerg,
thank you for your answer. I played a bit with the suggested method, and
with optimization of auxillary basis via AutoAux procedure and I obtained
the same results as with my original combination of RI-cc-QZ/cc-TZ basis
set. The difference in adsorption eneriges between these two approaches was
around 1 kJ/mol. Thus, no matter what I do, my BSSE is still around 15-20
kJ/mol. Is there any way how I can do better? Because if I cannot bring
BSSE down, RPA is for me not usable at all... (it is for benchmark
purposes). Also, I am somehow surprised that BSSE is at PBE level around
2kJ/mol but for RPA it is almost 10x more. Am I doing a mistake somewhere?

Attached I put two example input files - standard BSSE input file for
RI-cc-QZ/cc-TZ procedure and my input for AutoAux procedure.

Thank you for any suggestions
Kind regards,
Katarina

Dňa piatok, 3. januára 2020 11:47:29 UTC+1 jgh napísal(a):