[CP2K-user] Help with compiling release 7.1

Travis polla... at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 21:11:44 UTC 2020

Hi,

To get the development version (v8.0 currently),

git clone --recursive https://github.com/cp2k/cp2k.git cp2k

To get a specific release (v7.1 as you mentioned),

git clone -b support/v7.1 https://github.com/cp2k/cp2k.git cp2k

The support/vx.y branch is the name of the release channel on github, while
the release downloadable from https://github.com/cp2k/cp2k/releases
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fcp2k%2Fcp2k%2Freleases&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHFwokyQjRoF1fanh1P_zfu0JAwbg>
is just a tarball of the support/vx.y source code. *Use either*. The
tarball is provided for folks who don't have/use git. Only 'cp2k-7.1.tar.bz2'
from that list contains source code with DBCSR and won't need git at all.
The sopt and ssmp files are pre-compiled binaries for single node
calculations.

-T