[CP2K-user] how to run brokn spin symmetry calculation with OT

Tamas K. Stenczel sten... at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 09:19:56 UTC 2020

Thank you Matt, your answer was helpful and it worked!
The BS section allowed me to set up an excited state of each atom for the
atomic guess, which is then rescaled to the number of electrons in each
spin channel. However, I found that the resultant wavefunction can converge
to some local minima. For example, while testing an O2 binding energy
curve, there were some points that initially converged to ~1eV higher than
the neighboring ones, however restarted form the wavefunctions of the
distances adjacent to them they gave me energies consistent with the ones
around them.

Do you have any idea how to make my calculations, and perhaps the initial
guess more robust for molecular systems?

Thanks,
Tamas