[CP2K-user] CP2K workshop

Matt W mattwa... at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 13:34:04 UTC 2020

Dear colleagues,

There will be a small CP2K hands-on workshop on 17th April in Lincoln, UK.
Details below. It follows a short meeting of the local computational
chemistry community, which people are also welcome to attend. Details below:

Registration is now open for the *Midlands Computational Chemistry Meeting*,
taking place on the *16th April* at the University of Lincoln. The meeting
this one-day event is an opportunity to meet other computational chemists
in the region and hear about the great work our students and colleagues are
doing. We define Midlands as anywhere where you can travel to Lincoln for a
day.

*Website*: https://www.ccp5.ac.uk/midlands2020
*Registration*: https://www.ccp5.ac.uk/cp2kreg

Registration is free, thanks to the generous support of the Royal Society
of Chemistry Faraday Division and the Institute of Physics Computational
Physics Group.

We invite abstracts for contributed oral presentations and posters.
Preference for contributed oral presentations will be given to postgraduate
students, postdocs and recently appointed academics.

We have three invited speakers showcasing a variety of Computational
Chemistry research:

   - Prof. Jamshed Anwar (University of Lancaster) – modelling organic
   molecular assemblies, soft matter and solutions
   - Prof. Elena Besley (University of Nottingham) – development of
   theoretical models and modelling of materials on the nanoscale
   - Dr. Jonathan Skelton (University of Manchester) – computational
   materials science and condensed matter

The meeting will be followed by a one-day hands-on *workshop on CP2K* quantum
chemistry software (*17th April*). The one-day workshop is aimed at new and
intermediate-level users of CP2K, to learn about current developments and
to practice hands-on exercises with guidance from experienced users.

You can use the registration link <https://www.ccp5.ac.uk/cp2kreg> to
register for either one or both of the events.

Abstract submission closes on the *20th March*. Registration closes on the *3rd
April*.

We are looking forward to seeing you in Lincoln,

Natalia Martsinovich and Matt Watkins