[CP2K-user] [CP2K:7213] Re: drastic change in pressure on changing smoothing

Travis polla... at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 03:19:39 UTC 2020

Hi,

The devs had a relatively recent paper examining NPT+smoothing in
reproducing the density of water. It performed rather poorly and still
hadn't quite converged at a cutoff of 3000 Ry, where simulations without
smoothing converged in the range of 800 to 1200 Ry. When smoothing fails,
as it does in your case, scrap it. Just use the default settings.

-T