[CP2K-user] [CP2K:14438] MAP_CONSISTENT

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Mon Dec 28 13:07:33 UTC 2020

Hi
MAP_CONSISTENT was default since a very long time. Originally,
this was an improvement to the accuracy of the KS Hamiltonian.
It was slightly more expensive than the original implementation
but the benefits (more smooth convergence) are more important.
We believe that there was no more use for the option (to switch
off consistent mapping) so it has been removed.

regards

Juerg Hutter
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland