[CP2K-user] [CP2K:14431] Cell_OPT convergence is too slow

jt...@gmail.com jtyan... at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 08:35:57 UTC 2020

Hi Rui Zou

Your system is very big! So maybe it's normal to be slow. (though you can
add cores and nodes to run it)

What Matthias said is right, and I suggest LBFGS rather than BFGS as your
minimizer, you can find description of minimizer in cp2k manual
<https://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/MOTION/CELL_OPT.html>.
Also, DIIS sometimes faster than CG, though it may lead you to convergence
problem.

Best regards
JT Yang