[CP2K-user] How do you determine how many ADDED_MOS to use?

Marcella Iannuzzi marci... at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 07:17:18 UTC 2020

Dear Devyesh Rana

The first warning message is telling you that also the lowest states are
involved in the smearing.
This should be avoided.
Probably you have a system with a narrow span in MOS energies and a too
large smearing temperature.
The number of added MOS depends on the density of states around Fermi.
You want to cover a few eV, but how many depends on the smearing
temperature you give.

Best
Marcella