[CP2K-user] [CP2K:14393] AIMD+Hybrid-Functionals, How to set the MTS and E_box?

Lucas Lodeiro eluni... at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 17:17:27 UTC 2020

Thanks professor Hutter,
It is so clarifier this example, with it I can to compute RESPA
calculations and reproduce the figure 4 in the implementation paper. As you
mention, the first comment in the example input is wrong, The order is
inverted.
Just to clarify the RESPA calculations for other users:
The principal task is to set a multiple force_eval section as:

&MULTIPLE_FORCE_EVALS
   FORCE_EVAL_ORDER 1 2
&END

Then you have to define two FORCE_EVAL sections with all typical
information for a calculation, if you use ADMM, put in both force eval
sections the auxiliary basis set file, if not, there will be problems. The
first FORCE_EVAL is the "outer" calculation, which is computed in the "long
step time", meanwhile, the second FORCE_EVAL is the "inner" and computed in
the "short step time". The hybrid ave to be the first, and the GGA the
second, but if you put in reverse order, it works but compute a GGA MD, and
a hybrid calculation for he short steps.
Finally, you have to put in MOTION/MD section:

    &RESPA
       FREQUENCY 5
    &END RESPA

And define the time step, take care with it, because the time step defined
is the "long step time", which apply for the first (hybrid) force eval. The
second is computed in time steps of dt/n, where n is the frequency defined
above. For example to reproduce the figure 4 in the paper, I set time step
= 2.5 and frequency 5, then the hybrid is computed at each 2.5 fs and the
GGA evolves with a time step of 0.5 fs.

Regards!
Lucas Lodeiro