[CP2K-user] Kohn Sham Hamiltonian

Elaheh Akhoundi akhoundi... at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 14:01:48 UTC 2020

Dear Fabian,

thank you for your explanation. I tried to get KS matrix using the method
you suggested as well, but I wasn't able to do that. I used the following
input, but KS matrix files don't get printed. Is there any obvious mishabs
in the file?

I am using cp2k 7.1 and cp2k.popt.

&GLOBAL

   PROJECT WS2

   RUN_TYPE ENERGY

   PRINT_LEVEL HIGH

&END GLOBAL

&FORCE_EVAL

   METHOD Quickstep

   &DFT

      BASIS_SET_FILE_NAME  BASIS_MOLOPT

      POTENTIAL_FILE_NAME  POTENTIAL

      &POISSON

         PERIODIC XYZ

      &END POISSON

      &QS

         EXTRAPOLATION USE_GUESS ! required for K-Point sampling

      &END QS

      &SCF

         SCF_GUESS ATOMIC

         EPS_SCF 1.0E-6

         MAX_SCF 10

         ADDED_MOS 2

         &DIAGONALIZATION

            ALGORITHM STANDARD

            EPS_ADAPT 0.01

         &END DIAGONALIZATION

         &SMEAR  ON

            METHOD FERMI_DIRAC

            ELECTRONIC_TEMPERATURE [K] 300

         &END SMEAR

         &MIXING

            METHOD BROYDEN_MIXING

            ALPHA 0.2

            BETA 1.5

            NBROYDEN 8

         &END MIXING

      &END SCF

      &XC

         &XC_FUNCTIONAL PBE

         &END XC_FUNCTIONAL

      &END XC

      &KPOINTS

         SCHEME MONKHORST-PACK 6 6 1

         SYMMETRY OFF

         WAVEFUNCTIONS REAL

         FULL_GRID .TRUE.

         PARALLEL_GROUP_SIZE  0

             VERBOSE .TRUE.

      &END KPOINTS

      &PRINT

         &BAND_STRUCTURE

            ADDED_MOS 2

            FILE_NAME WS2.bs

            &KPOINT_SET

               UNITS B_VECTOR

               SPECIAL_POINT 0 0 0   #GAMA

               SPECIAL_POINT 0.5 0 0   #M

               NPOINTS 20

            &END

         &END BAND_STRUCTURE

             &KS_CSR_WRITE HIGH

                FILENAME ./KS.dat

             &END KS_CSR_WRITE

      &END PRINT

   &END DFT

   &SUBSYS

      &CELL

         A [angstrom] 2.727930196922421  -1.574726113675518
0

         B [angstrom] 2.727923196921916   1.574726113675518
0

         C [angstrom] 0                   0
15

         PERIODIC XY

         MULTIPLE_UNIT_CELL 1 1 1

      &END CELL

      &TOPOLOGY

         MULTIPLE_UNIT_CELL 1 1 1

      &END TOPOLOGY

      &COORD

             S  1.818565911277700                  0   0

             W                 0                   0   1.5693444632870293

             S 1.818565911277700                   0   3.138691180574223

      &END

      &KIND W

         ELEMENT W

         BASIS_SET SZV-MOLOPT-SR-GTH