[CP2K-user] [CP2K:13797] SMEAR vs. LSD+RELAX_MULTIPLICITY/MULTIPLICITY

Marcella Iannuzzi marci... at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 14:54:47 UTC 2020

Dear Ivan,

in addition to what Matthias already wrote, by default the multiplicity is
not fixed with SMEAR + LSD.

Working with fractional orbital occupations requires the use of
diagonalisation schemes, which are in general  more demanding in terms of
computational costs if compared with the orbital transformation (OT)
method.

Kind regards
Marcella