[CP2K-user] [CP2K:13757] Re: H2 single molecule AIMD

Lucas Lodeiro eluni... at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 06:05:33 UTC 2020

Hi Marcella an Travis,

I try both advice. To improve the forces, I increase the cutoff from 350 to
700 Ry and rel_cutoff from 40 to 60 Ry, and decrease the eps_scf (inner and
outer scf) from 1.0E-6 to 1.0E-8. This does not solve the rotational
problem, but the pump is lower than the no-improve input. The system shows
equal the two fake peaks but the "distance" between them is smaller,
and approaches
the corrected trajectory with the true one peak.
For the second, I set angular velocity tolerance equal to 1.0E-11. In this
case the rotation is off along all the trajectory, just a little
temperature decreasing along the trajectory (17 K in 40 ps).

Firstly I want to thank you for your disposition and advice. Secondly, I
have some questions.
In the case of improving the forces, as I am using a time step of 0.25 fs,
I think the cutoff and eps values are the main parameters to improve the
forces, isn't it? Do you expect a better improvement?
In the case of angular velocity tolerance, a value of 1.0E-11, is a too
little one? There is a typical value to balance the angular movement and to
subtract the lesser amount of kinetic energy?

Regards