[CP2K-user] AD_LANGEVIN thermostat for QM/MM with fixed_atoms

Mayank Dodia mayan... at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 20:36:19 UTC 2020

Hi,

I was trying to test AD_LANGEVIN thermostat settings for a QM/MM system
with fixed MM atoms. So instead of using REGION MASSIVE for the thermostat
settings I am using REGION GLOBAL. When I tested this setting with cp2k
regtest files in ../cp2k/tests/QMMM/SE/regtest-force-mixing/
(Lysozyme_small_NVT.inp and tyrosine_NVT.inp), I get the error message
below for REGION GLOBAL:

 *   ___
   *
 *  /   \
    *
 * [ABORT]
   *
 *  \___/   QM/MM QM atoms must be fully contained in the same image of the
QM *
 *    |                box - No wrapping of coordinates is allowed!
    *
 *  O/|
    *
 * /| |
    *
 * / \
qmmm_force.F:141 *

which is does appear for REGION MASSIVE. Similarly if I change the settings
to THERMOSTAT CSVR and REGION GLOBAL I do not receive this error. I have
checked this with cp2k v. 7.0 (git:d15a9c53f) and 8.0 (git:91d9f7f). Does
anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this issue or if I am using
incorrect settings?

Best Regards,
Mayank