[CP2K-user] [CP2K:13165] fixing the bond distance between two atoms (non bonded)

Patrick Gono patri... at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 08:14:32 UTC 2020

Dear Rupesh,

You need to declare a collective variable representing the distance between
the two atoms in the SUBSYS part of the FORCE_EVAL section. You specify the
atoms by their indexes. Atoms are indexed in the order they appear in the
coordinate section or the coordinate file. Indexing starts at 1:
    &SUBSYS
        &COLVAR
            &DISTANCE
                ATOMS  11  35
            &END DISTANCE
        &END COLVAR
    &END SUBSYS

Next, in the MOTION section, you set the collective variable to the desired
value:
    &CONSTRAINT
        &COLLECTIVE
            TARGET   5.0833                   ! this value is in bohr
            INTERMOLECULAR T
            COLVAR 1                              ! index of the collective
variable, in order of appearance in the SUBSYS section
        &END COLLECTIVE
    &END CONSTRAINT

I attach a sample input file for your convenience.

Yours sincerely,
Patrick Gono