[CP2K-user] Diffusion Coefficient

Nicholas Winner nwi... at berkeley.edu
Wed Apr 22 18:44:33 UTC 2020

This could be a problem with how you ran your simulation, but it could
equally be a problem with your calculation/interpretation of diffusion
coefficient. You'll need to provide more info. Consider these while you
provide more info.

(1) Are you sure you are getting enough sampling? How is the ergodicity of
this system? Perhaps look at (a) energy vs. simulation time, (b) your MSD
plots, (c) the velocity autocorrelation function
(2) How is the the diffusion coefficient that you "want" acquired? Is it
from simulation or experiment? If its from simulation, make sure every
setting is the same and try to match it before you start customizing your
input. If its from experiment, then a difference of that order is very
understandable. Experimental diffusion coefficients can be very inaccurate
depending on the nature of the system or the type of measurement, and even
when the experiment is very carefully performed, it can still be different
from theory.
(3) What sort of statistically sampling are you using to extract the
diffusion coefficient?