[CP2K-user] *** GEOMETRY wrong or EMAX_SPLINE too small! ***

shixun sun suns... at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 12:25:34 UTC 2020

Dear CP2K users,

I'm trying to run cutoff test however I run into the following error:

 WARNING| Particles:     114     82 at distance [au]:     0.00000120 less
than:      0.01889726; increase EMAX_SPLINE.

 *   ___
   *
 *  /   \
    *
 * [ABORT]
   *
 *  \___/                GEOMETRY wrong or EMAX_SPLINE too small!
    *
 *    |
    *
 *  O/|
    *
 * /| |
    *
 * / \
 fist_neighbor_lists.F:607 *

 ===== Routine Calling Stack =====

            7 build_neighbor_lists
            6 build_fist_neighbor_lists
            5 topology_generate_bond_3
            4 topology_generate_bond
            3 connectivity_control
            2 topology_control
            1 CP2K

I went to Google group to check, but the solution is still not clear. I
tried this again with graphite composites in MS and the result was the
same. I just took it out and figured it out, and the error is still this
one. I really have no idea. I'd like to consult you

I've attached the input files that I've used and the output file produced.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.