[CP2K-user] [CP2K:13100] SCAN XC density functional: Do we have to use specific PSEUDOPOTENTIALS for SCAN? Are they available?

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Fri Apr 10 10:31:32 UTC 2020

Hi

1) Many people have used PBE pp previously.
   SCAN optimized pp can be found at
   https://github.com/juerghutter/GTH/blob/master/SCAN/POTENTIAL
2) Newly published SCAN parameters for D3 are available in the current
   version of CP2K from Github. For older version you need to
   add a line in the input with the parameters.
3) Use very high cutoffs, depending on your system. If the cutoff is not
   high enough SCF will not converge smoothly to a low value (10^-7 in OT).
   I don't have experience if the smoothing methods work to reduce the cutoff.

regards

Juerg Hutter
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland