[CP2K-user] [CP2K:13098] Forces in BOMD calculations

Lucas Lodeiro eluni... at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 17:36:25 UTC 2020

I do not know about the forces number. I general I see the total energy
fluctuation per atom, and compare this quantity with the convergence
criteria related with cutoff. They would be similar.
Also, the fluctuations are related with the number of atoms in your
simulation. A fluctuation of 0.02 Ry in a H2 molecule is not negligible,
but this fluctuation in a 2000 atoms cell is very small (per atom this will
be: 0.01 Ry/atom and 0.00001Ry/atom).
About the non zero total forces, I check the quality of it seeing the
center of mass (COM) coordinates and their movement, if the forces all 100%
ok, the COM does not move, and little movement is due to non vanishing
total forces.