[CP2K-user] large temperature fluctuation in NVT AIMD

Mostafa Abedi abedimo... at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 19:51:20 UTC 2020

Hi Everybody,

I am trying to do NVT AIMD simulations for a system consisting of 16 H2O
molecule. Strangely, the temperature fluctuation is very large (see
attached "WATER-1.ener" file). I know a little bit temperature fluctuation
is acceptable, but mine is really large. This is the first time I am trying
CP2K for doing AIMD and not familiar with structure of the input file.
Maybe something is wrong or missing in the input file (see attached
"water.inp" file). I should say I've already done this calculation with
ORCA for non-periodic water system. Now, I want to see the effect of
periodicity with cp2k. Any help would greatly appropriated. Many thanks.

Best,
Mostafa