[CP2K-user] Problems with INITIAL_VIBRATION

Isaac Blanco quimis... at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 14:30:57 UTC 2019

Hello dear cp2k users

I am currently doing AIMD, however I have had problems with versions 2.6.2
and version 6.1.0 since I’m trying to modify the kinetic energy using
keywords.

&INITIAL_VIBRATION

   PHASE 0.25

   VIB_EIGS_FILE_NAME  “FILENAME”

&END INITIAL_VIBRATION

In version 2.6.2 when making the VibAn necessary to obtain the .eig file I
only get the .mol ​​and this version does not allow me to use the .eig
calculated in version 6.1.0. i attach my input file and my error.

Is there any way to force the program to get the .eig or use .mol ​​instead?

in version 6.1.0 there is no error but in the dynamics you cannot see a
change in the kinetic energy.

Is there a problem with this version for the INITIAL_VIBRATION keyword or
is there any other way to indicate this modification in kinetic energy?

I would greatly appreciate your comments and help to solve this problem,
thanks in advance.

Isaac Blanco.