[CP2K-user] nonscc dftb problem

simin pahlavi simin.... at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 09:49:57 UTC 2019

Dear cp2k users,
I am trying to perform dftb on graphite using cp2k and I have some
questions witch I appreciate any help and comments in advance.
When I am trying to perform dftb using the following input if I let the
cutoff in MGRID section to default value (1 Ry)  calculations stop
after 15 steps without writing output, while when I set cutoff to 400 Ry it
works fine. I am new and I am not sure if 400 Ry make sense on nonscc dftb
at all.
1) If my input is set up correctly for these type of calculation.
2) Normally what the range of cuttof in nonscc dftb should be?
3) how should I decide on type of mixing , based on convergence speed up
only?
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Simin

 &MD
   ENSEMBLE NPT_I
   STEPS 5
   TIMESTEP 0.5
   TEMPERATURE 2000

   &BAROSTAT
    PRESSURE [GPa] 50
    TIMECON  1000
   &END BAROSTAT

   &THERMOSTAT
    TYPE CSVR
    &CSVR
    TIMECON 100.
    &END CSVR
   &END THERMOSTAT
 &END MD

&END MOTION

&FORCE_EVAL
 STRESS_TENSOR DIAGONAL_ANALYTICAL
 METHOD Quickstep
 &DFT
  CHARGE 0
  MULTIPLICITY 1
#    &MGRID
#       CUTOFF [Ry] 400
#    &END
    &QS
     METHOD DFTB
      &DFTB
        SELF_CONSISTENT    F
        &PARAMETER
        PARAM_FILE_PATH  ./pbc-0-3
        SK_FILE C C C-C.skf
        &END PARAMETER
        &END DFTB
        EXTRAPOLATION USE_GUESS

    &POISSON
      PERIODIC XYZ
      PSOLVER PERIODIC
     &END

    &SCF
      SCF_GUESS ATOMIC
      ADDED_MOS 100

      &DIAGONALIZATION
        ALGORITHM STANDARD
        EPS_ADAPT 0.01      !defult value is zero
      &END DIAGONALIZATION

      &SMEAR  ON
            METHOD FERMI_DIRAC
            ELECTRONIC_TEMPERATURE [K] 1000